As the pandemic wears on, we are very much aware of the stress and worry that families are facing. St. Luke’s wants to help any way we can. This resource page is to support you as parents, caregivers, guardians, and/or grandparents. We will continue to add resources as we find them.
Resources for Parents about Mental Health, Coronavirus, and Anti-racism
- Bless the children: What Jesus would say about getting a COVID-19 vaccination, an opinion piece by Presiding Bishop Michael Curry.
- Children’s Defense Fund Resources for Children and Families: https://www.childrensdefense.org/useful-resource-covid-19/
- CDC Resources for Stress and Coping by Any Age Group: https://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/stress-coping/parental-resources/index.html
- General Resources and Mental Health Tips for Parents: https://www.childtrends.org/publications/resources-for-supporting-childrens-emotional-well-being-during-the-covid-19-pandemic
- Talking to Children about Racial Bias: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/healthy-living/emotional-wellness/Building-Resilience/Pages/Talking-to-Children-About-Racial-Bias.aspx
- Talking to Kids about Racial Violence: https://centerracialjustice.org/resources/resources-for-talking-about-race-racism-and-racialized-violence-with-kids/
- The Trevor Project: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/