Adult learning is offered at 9:10 o’clock most Sundays. We hope this will be an opportunity for members who attend different services to enjoy some time together. Offerings are held in the Kramer Room, opposite the narthex/vestibule as you enter the church from the north side visitor parking. Please note: on Sundays when no adult learning is offered, we will enjoy extended fellowship time.
Fall 2022 Adult Learning Offerings
September 11 and 18: Rector Rhonda Lee and Parish Almoner Jan Freeman will introduce “Breathing Space,” an experimental way of disbursing the rector’s discretionary fund in the form of a “guaranteed gift.”
October: Diocesan Intern Kate Rademacher will lead a four-part series, “Finding Rest in a Weary World”
- October 2: Addressing Burnout: A Growing Crisis
- October 9: Seeking Sabbath in an Overscheduled World
- October 23: What Does Mindfulness Mean to Christians?
- October 30: Protecting the Right to Rest for All
Thirty copies of Kate’s most recent book, Reclaiming Rest, are available free of charge in the Sprague Room (next to the Kramer Room), courtesy of the Adult Learning Budget. First come, first served.
November: Rector Rhonda Lee will lead a discussion of the communion of saints.
- November 6: What is the communion of saints?
- November 13: How good does a saint have to be?
- November 20: Making friends with the saints
December: Diocesan Intern Kate Rademacher will lead a discussion of evangelism, adapted from the curriculum, Embracing Evangelism—The Episcopal Church.
- December 4: Embracing Evangelism by Sharing Our Stories
- December 11: Embracing Evangelism in the Age of Social Media